11/01/2012

Monthly Favorites

It's a state holiday, and it pouring outside (few parts of the town are already flooded, and it's just a begining; it's going to rain all through fall/winter) so great time for a quick post :).

There isn't lot of them so this should be relatively short post.



Manhattan Soft Compact Powder

My shade is actually not in the picture (8 Vanilla) because I used it all up. I first bought the darkest shade (9 Chocholat)  by mistake, then I got the right shade (Vanilla). Few months later I got light shade (3 Beige) to mix with the darkest since it was too dark even during summer.

This is great inexpensive (drugstore) powder for oily skin. It's mattifying and it will kill all shine, so if you don't like flat looking skin, this is not powder for you.
It has light to medium coverage, depending how you apply it. It not cakey and it doesn't set in the lines and pores.
It can be used on it's own, or as a setting powder.
I use flat top brush or RT Expert Face brush to apply it.

Available in 7 shades and it contains 9g of product.


Vichy roll-on deodorant/antiperspirant

For sensetive/depilated skin.
I bought it recently after reading so many positive reviews.
The manufacturer claims it will genlty regulate sweating, and it's not a lie. It really stops you from sweating with first application. And I sweat.
It's odourless, non iritating and can be used right after depilation.
Since I got it, I completely stoped using all other deodorants/antipespirants.
It's alcohol and perfume free. And there are some version that are aluminum free.


Max Factor Eye Brightening Mascara

Colored mascara that should brighten and enhance your eye color. I got one for blue eyes, it's dark blue with subtle glitter, since I didn't like one for brown (my color) eyes (dark grey with silver glitter).
I can't say if it makes your eye color pop or not. I like it because it is a very good mascara.
It gives some lenght and volume to your lashes. Volume can be built up with few layers. It doesn't smudge, flake off, or clump your lashes together. Lashes are flexible, not brittle or stiff, seperated and evenly coated.
Also, once curled (with lash curler) they stay curled, they don't fall down with time (mine usually go down within few minutes of any mascara application, regular or waterproof).
It has medium size rubber wand, that's tappered at the end so you can easily coat even the tiniest lashes in the inner corner of the eye.
Formula isn't too wet, or too dry. Glitter is fine and it doesn't flake off.

Also, it doesn't dry to fast. I have mine for 2-3 months now and it's still good.

Available in 4 shades, for blue, green, brown and hazel eyes.
Contains  7.2 ml of product.


Deborah 24 ore Brow Pencil

Long lasting brow pencil. It stays on all day, even with light pespiration, unless you wipe it off :).
I have mine for few years now and I just bought new one, beacuse this one is becoming to short (and it's expiration date is close).
I have tried brow gels, powders, pencils and I always go back to this pencil.
My shade is 281. It seems little light for me (dark brown hair, mousy, dark grey brows) but it's perfect shade. My brows are very sparse and this pencil fills them in very naturally. Brows look enhanced but not overdrawn, or to emphasized. There no need to brush them through after.

Pencil is medium soft, and little dry, but it smoothes easily. Also is stays on the areas where there's no hair (some pencils don't  transfer at all, or too much).

Only downside is, it's not automatic, and it could use a mascara tip instead of this comb.

Available in 4 shades.

Here are the swatches:
Daylight, indoors.

Daylight, in front of a window


Too Faced Shadow Insurance

I just got this primer few months ago. I refused to buy it since UDPP was such a disapointment and I didn't want to waste more money.  I only  bought it because our Sephora was closing for good.
It is the one of the only two primers (the other) that actually work for me. It stops shadows from creasing or fading for few hours up to whole day.
True test will be during summer.


Real Techniques Expert Face brush

Since I got it, I only use this brush for entire face. You can read a review here.










No comments:

Post a Comment