1/17/2013

2012. Favorites

Some of the past year favorites :)




Laura Geller Baked Matte Highlighter, from Fresh Brewed Beauty set.
Got it few months ago because it's described as matte highlight. It looks matte, but it's not. It gives face the most natural soft glow, almost undetectable. It doesn't contain any shimmer, as you can see on pic below.
It's available in one shade French Vanilla, yellowy beige shade.
Soon as the sun comes out, I'll do some proper swathes :D.

 
 
Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm, only lip balm I use. One pot will last you whole year. Detailed review.
 
 
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream, for combination to oily skin. I bought it 4 months ago, I use it daily and maybe half of it is gone. It has light to medium coverage. It will even out the skin tone, and cover redness but not imperfections. It gives demi matte finish. It doesn't dry out skin.
Since I got it, I stoped using foundations.
 
 
Bourjois Volume & Fast mascara, excellent mascara that gives lenght and volume to my medium lenght straight lashes with one coat. Lashes are evenly coated and seperated. There is no clumpling, even with few coats. My lashes are flexible and stay curled all day, unlike most other mascaras that keep them curled for few minutes and then they just go down.
It's easy to use, even in a hurry. It doesn't dry out to fast, it will last you few months. But once it starts to dry there will be slight fall out at the end of the day. I'm on my 3rd one.
 
 
Vichy Deo roll-on, mentioned in montly favorites. I still use it daily, and still love it :)
 
 
Manhattan Soft Compact Powders, read full review in montly favorites.
 
 
Deborah 24 ore eyebrow pencil, also mentioned in montly favorites post :)
 
 
 



Bioderma Sensibio Micelar solution. Been using this one a lot. I occasionally try some new one, but I always have few of theese in reserve. I already did full review.
 
 
Batiste dry shampoo, another long time favorite. Been using it for years now. I has very fine particles of powder, so once you brush it out, hair stays mattified and it's not white, which is important if you have dark hair :D
It also gives hair nice volume and lift. Only thing I don't like about it is the floral scent.
Package contains 6.73 fl.oz. and it lasts few months.

 
 

Last but not least, brushes. I love brushes so much I could go on and on about them :D
Here are my favorite brushes that I use all the time, and sadly neglect rest of the collection.
 




Elf Studio Powder brush, bought it 2 years ago. I use it only for loose/presed powders, but since it's synthetic it can be used for cream products as well.
It's medium dense, flat top brush, with very soft bristles. It doesn't shed or leek dye. Blends like a dream :)
With time the hadle got detached, but I simply glued it back with hot glue.
It can be bought in stores in US or online. It also available on  ELF UK for peple in UK and Europe.
 
 
Real Techniques Expert Face brush, best multitask brush ever.  I have alredy writen praises  so no point repeating them :D
 
Available in US at Ulta or online, for pepole outside US or Canada, it can be bought on iherb.com, or HQhair.com, Love Makeup. co.uk and other UK online stores.
 
 
Sigma E25 Blending brush. Only natural hair brush (I own few, but rarely use them) that I use all the time. I simply prefer synthetic brushes, since they don't scratch and they're multifunctional.
Brush is flat but fluffy and rounded on top. Bristles are soft, but not too soft.
It's not too big, so it's great for precision blending and defining crease. It blends like a dream.
Available at Sigma.
 
 
Real Techniques shading brush, small dense flat shadow packing brush. Excellent for precision apllication of eyeshadows, and for small eyes. It's also great for blending liners and applying ES on botom lashes. Works great for all tipes of shadows.
Like all other RT brushes, it picks lot of product and transfers it all, there is minimum or no fall out.
 
Available in US at Ulta or online, for pepole outside US or Canada, it can be bought on iherb.com, or HQhair.com, Love Makeup. co.uk and other UK online stores.
 
 
 
What were your favorites last year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment